If you had “not until the end of the season” picked in the “how long will David Moyes be in charge at Man U pool”, step right up and claim your prize!
Moyes, was released by United – following a day or so of speculation he would be sacked – and replaced by now player/coach Ryan Giggs for the final 3 games of the season.
Moyes never really seemed to get things going at United and although he has the most wins by a United coach in their first year, finishing 7th was never going to be enough. Especially considering that the team he inherited won the EPL last year.
So, was it the right move?
Only time will tell.
But, what is more important right now, is that the British press come up with some clever, on point headlines to usher Moyes out.
Here are my top 10 UK tabloidesque headlines:
10. MANCHESTER NO LONGER UNITED WITH MOYES
9. MOYES NO LONGER ONE OF THE BOYS
8. UNITED WE STAND (beside picture of Moyes sitting down)
7. MOYES ARE BURNING; UNITED SEE RED, SACK SKIPPER
6. THE CHOSEN (G)ONE
5. MANCHESTER DAVIDED
4. A YEAR OF DE-MOYES FOR UNITED
3. MOYES LOSES GIG TO GIGGS
2. MANCHESTER MUTE THE MOYES
1. DAVID GIVEN MOYES TOWELETTE; FINISHED
Oh, and this by far is the best meme:
What’s your favourite?
Photo Credits: Daily mail